6.08.2011

Good things do come from reality TV

I'll unashamedly admit that I love trashy reality television. Maybe watching women compete to be prettier than Bret Michaels or anything about The Situation makes me feel better about my own life. Or maybe I just need a brain break. However, I'm not usually a big fan of the talent shows. I have only ever watched one full episode of American Idol, and that was one too many.

But then, I got sucked into The Voice. I started watching because I love Cee Lo Green and my guilty pleasure is Christina Aguilera's album Back to Basics. (I don't care that she did "Dirty" or that those high-waisted short shorts were an incredibly poor wardrobe choice on the episode last night, that girl can sing.) I did not used to be a fan of Adam Levine. At one point in the show, he says that he sounds like a girl when he sings, and he's right. But he's growing on me. I'd make a comment about Blake Shelton, but I'd never heard of him before I started watching this show. Very neutral about country.

Anyhow, I certainly never expected to hear something I'd ever want to hear again. But then I did.

Dia Frampton covered Kanye's "Heartless", and I loved it.



After a cursory YouTube search, I found that she's part of a group, Meg & Dia, a little more rock, and also not bad so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment